In order to improve and personalise your trip, we offer you a range of ‘à la carte’ services on all Aircalin-operated flights.
The baggage franchise corresponds to the number and weight of the authorised items of baggage.
In increasing your baggage allowance online rather than at the airport, you will benefit from a 25% discount.
This service does not apply to oversized baggage. This service is available on all flights operated only by Aircalin.
Prices and booking
Prices for supplementary baggage of 23 Kg max.
Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
6 000 XPF
8 000 XPF
Japan, French Polynesia
12 000 XPF
16 000 XPF
Wallis, Fiji, Port-Vila
Only at airport
The price is per Kilo
1 000 XPF / Kilo for Wallis and Fiji
700 XPF / Kilo for Port Vila
*For each country of origin, these prices are calculated at the daily exchange rate of the departure date.
- The prices indicated are valid from 01/08/2015 and are subject to modification.
- The prepayment for supplementary baggage service is only available on direct (no stopovers) Aircalin-operated flights (Aircalin tickets plus partner companies are excluded).
- The transfer of the service to another date and on the same itinerary is available at no extra charge (if the flight is eligible). If the service cannot be transferred to the new flight (a non-eligible flight), it will not be refunded.
- The prepaid supplementary baggage allowances cannot be transferred to another person.
- The prepaid supplementary baggage allowances cannot be refunded unless:
- Aircalin changes your flight and books you onto a flight not operated by Aircalin
- Due to operational constraints, your baggage cannot be transported on the planned flight
- The refunding conditions for prepaid supplementary baggage allowances are independent of the airline ticket conditions.
This paying service allows you to choose your Preferential Seat or your Plus Comfort Seat.
OUR SEAT COMFORT PLUS
Located next to the emergency exits, those seats provide you extra legroom.
For security reasons, Seat Comfort Plus is not accessible to:
- children (aged under 15)
- passengers who cannot understand security instructions given in English or French
- passengers who do not meet the physical requirements (passengers with reduced mobility, elderly passengers…) and cannot assist with emergency procedures if needed
- pregnant women
- passengers whose body mass would restrict access to an emergency exit
- passengers travelling with a pet in the cabin.
The company reserves the right to re allocate a passenger to another seat if if these security requirements are not met even after boarding and seat assignment.
OUR PREFERRED SEATS
Located in the front of the Economy cabin, you’ll be among the first to disembark from the aircraft and gain a precious time regarding arrival procedures.
Prices and booking
The booking of a Plus Seat is possible at the moment of booking and up to 30 hours before departure, on condition of availability.
There are 2 types of seats:
- comfort plus seat: offering extra leg space
- preferential seat: situated at the front of the aircraft, it will allow you to disembark more rapidly
Lines operated by Aircalin only
Comfort plus seats
Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Port-Vila
3 000 XPF
4 000 XPF
Japan, French Polynesia
5 000 XPF
7 000 XPF
*For each country of origin, these prices are calculated at the daily exchange rates for the departure date
Seat Plus is only available on the Aircalin network on Aircalin aircrafts.
- The transfer of the service to another date on the same itinerary is available at no extra charge (if the flight is eligible). If the service cannot be transferred to the new flight, (a ineligible flight or unavailable seats), the service will not be refunded.
- Prices shown are valid from 06/17/2013 and are subject to modification.
- Pre-booking of a Seat Plus depends on the global availability regarding booked seats.
- Passengers wanting to seat next to each other but made separate individual bookings will need to book their Seat Plus individually. For confidentiality reasons, Aircalin cannot reveal the seat selected by other passengers on other bookings.
- Seat Plus pre-booking is entitled to one passenger and cannot be transferred to another person.
- Seat Plus pre-booking is not refundable, unless:
- Aircalin modify seat assignment for safety/security or operational reasons, even after boarding, and cannot re-seat on an equivalent seat.
- In case of operational re-shift and Aircalin cannot provide you an equivalent seat on the new scheduled flight
- Aircalin modify your flight and book you on a flight non-operated by Aircalin
- Pre-booking of a Seat Plus is non-refundable if we upgraded you in a superior cabin for operational or safety reasons.
- Reimbursement conditions for a Seat Plus are different from the flight ticket.
- In case of an aircraft switch, Aircalin will do its best to book you on the same or equivalent Seat Plus, according to the new availability. In this case, passengers won’t be informed before check-in but would be able to verify the reserved seat on their online booking.
- Passengers are still required to check-in before departure. This service is available on aircalin.com or at the airport.
- Passengers with specific needs will have to contact our booking centre directly so our staff could assign them an appropriate seat.
- Pre-booking of a Seat Plus cannot be fully guaranteed for obvious safety/security/operational irregularities reasons, even after boarding.
For your personal comfort (or for your baby car seat), you can purchase an extra seat next to, or in front of you. The second seat will be priced at the same cost as the first (without taxes). Please note, the width of the seats corresponds to a waist circumference of 135cm in Economy class.
Sales conditions of the extra seat sold at the travel agency: the booking terms and conditions of the original purchased fare apply.
NEW! Aircalin offers the opportunity to purchase an extra seat next to you in Economy Class at a very attractive price. Please note, this offer is only available at the airport, subject to availability.
For passengers looking for more comfort, please check out our Premium Economy offer available on our regional and long-haul flights.
AT THE AIRPORT: SALE OF EXTRA SEATS IN ECONOMY CLASS
ECONOMY SEAT FEE AT THE AIRPORT
Price in XPF
Price in Euros
5 000 XPF
Sydney, Auckland, Wallis, Nadi
7 000 XPF
9 000 XPF
13 000 XPF
Available at the airport ONLY, for Economy Class seats 3 hours before departure and subject to availability.
Conditions of sale of the extra seat sold at the airport: can be requested (until check-in time) and non-refundable.
Take advantage of our new program My Plusgrade.Make a bid, submit your offer and get the opportunity to upgrade in Business Hibiscus Class if you are in the lucky ones offered the chance to participate.
Maximum space and comfort
- Our capacious and comfortable seats will offer you a pleasant and relaxing flight.
- You will love the inventive menu ofmeals blending the scents and flavors of New Caledonia with gourmet French and international cuisine.
- Round off your meal with a fine wine from our selection of classic French renowned appellations.
- Dedicated Check-in and priority boarding.
- Prompt disembarkment and priority baggage check-in*
- Before your flight, relax in one of our lounges*
- Make us an upgrade offer for yourself and each passenger traveling under your booking reference, in the event you have been emailed an invitation to do so (14 days prior to your scheduled flight departure). IMPORTANT: not all flights are eligible and invitations are not sent to all passengers. You must enter your bid no later than 5 days (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure.
- If your upgrade offer is accepted, you will receive an emailed confirmation, no later than 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. You will also receive a newly-issued E-ticket mentioning the upgrade.
- Your Payment Card will only be charged once your offer is accepted.
*IMPORTANT: baggage allowance will remain that of your initial Economy Class booking. Miles will be earned according to your initial Economy Class booking. **In Nouméa, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Papeete, Nandi, Tokyo and Osaka.
My Plusgrade Aircalin is only available to the passengers receiving an email offering them to make an offer on My Plusgrade Program. Not all flights are eligible and invitations are not sent to all passengers.
- The hereby General Terms and Conditions (hereafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to any upgrade request (hereafter referred to as a “Request”) made by you (hereafter referred to as “You”) to Air Calédonie International (hereafter referred to as “Aircalin”) in order to upgrade, for a given Aircalin flight, all passengers in the original booking from the cabin class in the original booking to a higher cabin class (hereafter referred to as an “Upgrade”) under the My Plusgrade program.
- You must be of legal age (18 years or older) and have the capacity to enter a legally binding contract. You will be deemed to have authority to act on behalf of and to bind all the passenger(s) included in the original booking to the hereby Terms and Conditions.
- You are only allowed to make one Request per flight booked on your ticket. The Request must always be made and paid for with a valid debit card or credit card. You will be deemed to have made a Request on behalf of all passengers included under your original booking reference (“PNR”). A minimum amount of money applies to each Request. Each Request is only valid for the mentioned flight and it represents the amount of money to be paid (in addition to the amount paid for the initial booking).
- Once You have submitted (directly or indirectly) your Request for PNR to Aircalin, your upgrade offer will be reviewed according to the hereby Terms and Conditions. You can send, change or cancel your Request at any time within a 5-day period (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure. If your Request has been accepted, You can no longer modify or cancel it and You are legally obligated to pay the amount of money that has been bid as part of your Request.
- Your Request will be deemed valid (hereafter referred to as a “Valid Request”) on the date it is sent to Aircalin and it will expire 5 days (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure. However, if you wish to cancel your Request, it will no longer be deemed a Valid Request. Aircalin may accept your Request at any time within the defined period of validity. If Aircalin accepts your Request, your debit card or credit card will immediately be charged the full amount of the bid that you have entered. In turn, Aircalin will issue You a receipt mentioning the upgrade. The total amount charged will include all taxes and fees that may apply to the upgrade. This total amount will be communicated to You as soon as You send your Request.
- Aircalin does not guarantee a specific seating for Requests which have been accepted. However if You have made, as part of your initial booking, a special meal request no later than 48 hours prior to scheduled flight departure, your special request will be extended to your upgrade. Your purchase of an additionnal luggage allowance done 30 hours prior departure will also be extended to your upgrade.
- Once your Request has been accepted by Aircalin and your debit card or credit card has been charged, you will not be entitled to any refund, credit or exchange, except under the following conditions:
- The flight for which your Request has been accepted (thereby granting you an upgrade) has been cancelled and Aircalin has transferred you to an alternative flight, in the cabin class of the initial booking. In such a case, the amount You have paid for the upgrade will be refunded to You. The payment card used to pay for the upgrade will be credited. Aircalin will have no further obligation towards You.
- Your Request has been accepted and You have been granted an upgrade, but You couldn’t be seated in the higher cabin class for reasons attributable to Aircalin, notably in the case of an aircraft change or if (in the case of connecting flights that are part of the same booking) You have missed the flight for which you were to be upgraded because the previous flight was delayed. However, no refund, credit or exchange will be granted to You if You cannot benefit from the upgrade because of reasons attributable to You, notably if You have decided to change flights or if You have missed your flight.
- Refund conditions for My Plusgrade are independent from conditions that apply to ticket fares.
- Approved refunds will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade was paid.
- The fare terms and conditions that apply to the ticket initially booked by You will remain valid in the case of an Upgrade. This includes cancellation terms, modification fees, Miles awarded and baggage allowance.
- Aircalin reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to decide which flights are eligible for an Upgrade and to accept or reject your Request. Aircalin makes no representation guaranteeing that you will be able to benefit from an Upgrade, irrespective of seat availability in higher cabin class. Aircalin shall not be liable to You in case your Request is rejected.
- Aircalin’s decision shall be final and shall not result in any written messages or requests.
- Aircalin reserves the right to cancel or modify the hereby Terms and Conditions in its absolute and sole discretion and without notice. Except to the extent provided in the previous sentence, no modification or waiver shall apply to the hereby Terms and Conditions or be opposable to Aircalin, unless a written statement has been made by Aircalin (or by an authorized Aircalin agent) and published on Aircalin’s website www.aircalin.com. A cancellation will be deemed effective when statements concerning Upgrades, as well as pertaining Terms and Conditions, are withdrawn. You are responsible for checking on any modification of the hereby Terms and Conditions prior to making an Upgrade Request.
- Failure by Aircalin to exercise any of its rights will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and your obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.
- The hereby Terms and Conditions are subject to laws of New Caledonia. You are deemed to accept the exclusive jurisdiction of New Caledonia courts.
- Upon sending your Upgrade Request, You are deemed to have read and understood the hereby Terms and Conditions, to accept them and to be legally bound by them.
A LA CARTE MENUS
Turn your lunch or dinner on board into a true moment of pleasure
In Economy class, select your fee-based pick as a replacement for the menu of the day.
On the menu: a delicious hot dish, a sweet and sour bento box, a baguette and a selection of jams, New Caledonian honey, a pastry, a fruit juice and your choice of hot drink. Just the thing to start the day on the right foot, enven at 10.000m !
Menu available from : Noumea and Papeete
Price : 1 800 XPF / 15 EUR / AUD 23/ NZD 25 / 2 000 JPY / USD 16
On the menu: an assortment of starters served in a bento box, a tasty hot dish and a delicious dessert. A custom-designed menu for all lovers of Japanese food.
Menu available from : Tokyo and Osaka
Price : 1 800 XPF / 15 EUR / AUD 23/ NZD 25 / 2 000 JPY / USD 16
GOURMET COLD DELI PLATTER
On our flights from and to Brisbane, allow yourself to be tempted by a gourmand cold snack comprising of: a generous surf'n'turf dish, a bowl of fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, and a delicious dessert.
Menu available from : Noumea and Brisbane
Price : 1 500 XPF / 13 EUR / AUD 19 / NZD 21 / 1 670 JPY / USD 13
This menu will appeal to burger addicts, be they young or grown-up! Your menu includes a yummy dessert, cheese and snacks.
Price : 1 500 XPF / 13 EUR / AUD 19 / NZD 21 / 1 670 JPY / USD 13
Entree, fancy and generous salad, and fresh fruit salad as a dessert. Treat yourself to fine and tasteful cuisine.
Price : 1 800 XPF / 15 EUR / AUD 23/ NZD 25 / 2 000 JPY / USD 16
Treat yourself to a trip full of flavours, with a glass of champagne. An ideal opportunity to celebrate a birthday, surprise your travel companion, or simply turn your trip into a true time of celebration!
Price : 3 000 XPF / 25 EUR / AUD 38 / NZD 42 / 3 335 JPY / USD 26
- We regret to advise that this service is only available to passengers travelling in Economy class, on a ticket bearing an Aircalin flight number AND in a flight operated by an Aircalin aircraft.
- The Gourmet menu is only available on flights exceeding three and half hours.
- This service is not available on our Nadi and Wallis services.
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, please enjoy in a responsible manner.
You can book your a la carte menu up to 48h before departure :
- upon purchase of your ticket on our website, in our call center or travel agency
- while connecting to your "MANAGE YOUR BOOKING" section on our website
Full list of ingredients included in each menu may vary according to seasonal requirements. Photos shown on our website are for illustration only and are not binding on the airline.
1.1 - Against a top-up payment, Aircalin gives you the opportunity to select ahead of your trip the menu that you will be served in the Economy cabin during your flight, on any destination except Nadi and Wallis. This optional service is called "A La Carte Menu": you will be invited to submit your choice when you book your flight or when you go to the section labelled "My reservation" on the Aircalin website (www.aircalin.com) up until 48 hours before boarding. Please note that our menu of the day and usual drinks are still available free of charge on board if you decide against the "a la carte" option.
1.2 - The a la carte menus served during the flight may differ slightly in quantity, taste or aspect to what was visually described or suggested in the photos and the presentation texts appearing notably on the Aircalin website. Some ingredients may be replaced by similar ones without prior notice. Photos shown on the website are for illustration only and are not binding on Aircalin.
1.3 - You cannot cancel your order once it has been placed. Should you want to transfer your order onto another flight, we suggest that you contact your travel agent or your Aircalin office no later than 48 hours before departure. Please note that the transfer of an a la carte menu is only possible on the basis of: same itinerary, same passenger, same point of origin and destination, flight operated by Aircalin, and only if the same menu is available on that flight. You cannot change your order once it has been placed.
1.4 - Aircalin is not in a position to provide a full list of ingredients for a la carte menus. If you suffer from food allergy or intolerance, we recommend that you do not select an a la carte menu. Any consequence resulting from intolerance or allergy to a specific food ingredient will remain your sole responsibility.
1.5 - The general terms and conditions of carriage are accessible on our website and are part of these conditions. We recommend that you carefully review them.
2 - Conditions and restrictions
2.1 - By ordering an a la carte menu, you explicitely declare that you have the legal capacity to contract, that you have read the present conditions of sale and that you agree to be bound by them.
2.2 - When you order an a la carte menu, you undertake to provide Aircalin with true information and to refrain from placing a reservation for which you would not meet the required conditions as set out in the present general terms and conditions of sale. Furthermore, you explicitely declare that you order for yourself or on behalf of another person in the name of whom you are allowed to act, this person being deemed to have read the general terms and conditions of sale and be bound by them.
2.3 - Passengers under the age of 18 are not elligible to the Gourmet menu.
2.4 - The a la carte menu service is subject to availability. It could be that a limited number of a la carte menus are available on any given flight.
2.5 - You will not have the opportunity to order an a la carte menu once you are on board. Only orders placed 48 hours before the flight can be met.
3.1 - The a la carte menus are subject to pricing according to the type of menu; the pricing reflects the customer's choice at the time of ordering.
3.2 - Rates are shown upon reservation of the a la carte menus; rates are tax inclusive.
4 - Refund
4.1 - A la carte menus cannot be cancelled or refundable unless Aircalin could not meet your order which had been duly placed 48 hours before departure. Aircalin will make every effort to provide a la carte menus which have been ordered according to the present general terms and conditions of sale. However, for operational reasons relating to safety or security considerations and/or operating deficiencies, a la carte menus might end up being unavailable. Under these circumstances, a standard menu of the day will be served as a replacement of the a la carte menu you had ordered, and you will be elligible for refund. For this purpose, you will be asked to fill in the appropriate on-line application on our website (www.aircalin.com) under the section "Contact us" and send it to our customers service department.
4.2 - No refund will be issued if you fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
4.3 - If you pay for an upgrade to Business Hibiscus class, your menu purchase will be lost, unless you are in a position to transfer it to a future flight, according to the conditions set in 1.3 article.
5 - Claims
Any complaint regarding reservation, payment and/or delivery of a la carte menus should be directed to Aircalin; please fill in the on-line form in the section called "Contact us" on www.aircalin.com
Take off stress-free by opting for a travel insurance plan thanks to our partners Europ Assistance and CCA Assurances. Whether you are travelling near or far, protect yourself from unforeseen evetns : consider buying comprehensive multi-risk travel insurance : trip cancellation insurance, missed flights, impossible departures, impossible return trips, luggage and personal effects, travel accidents, people assistance, public liability.
In partnership with Europ Assistance, Aircalin is extending its travel insurance guarantees to further protect you in the event of an illness such as Covid-19.
The advantages of the Europ Assistance multi-risk product
Key points of assistance service
Comfortable sums to cover your costs notably for supplementary reimbursements of overseas medical costs
A wide range of services (extension of holiday, taxi fares…)
Coverage for all sporting activities (excepting competitions)
Many cases covered for early return (accident at home, hospitalisation of a professional replacement, a terrorist attack or natural disaster within 100 km of your destination…)
All the professional experience of EUROP ASSISTANCE at the service of your clients (since 1963, medical experts available 24/7, ISO 9001 certification, crisis management experience…).
Key points of insurance coverage
Missed flight (contribution to the purchase of a new ticket of up to 80% of the price of the initial ticket) impossible departure or return
Theft of sports equipment during the holiday covered as losses of expensive goods, for up to €1,000 per person insured (excluding fishing rods)
Delayed baggage delivery > 24h (purchase of basic goods for up to 29,833 xpf /€250)
Coverage of cost of reissue of identification documents in case of loss or theft (17,900 xpf /€150)
A comprehensive insurance service at an attractive price
|Average total return ticket prices for the booking in XPF, tax inc.||
Optional multi-risk subscription in XPF,
tax inc per passenger.
|0 to 200,000||6,900|
|200,001 to 477,000||11,500|
|477,001 to 835,000||16,100|
|Average total return ticket prices for the booking in €, tax inc.||
Optional multi-risk subscription in €,
tax inc per passenger.
|0 to 1,676||57,82|
|1,677 to 3,997||96,37|
|3,998 to 6,997||134,92|
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
On our website, when you buy a ticket site. If your flight is eligible, this insurance will be automatically offered when you buy your ticket online.
Terms for the subscription to the contract
Subscription with the purchase of the aircraft ticket
Subscription offered only for return flights
Maximum duration of the holiday covered => 90 consective days
Coverage of leisure or business journeys throughout the world (excepting war zones, etc.)
The insured persons must live in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or in mainland France.
Terms for the modification of the contract
The insurance contract can be changed but not reimbursed (except for a multi-insurance cancellation clause activated within 14 days and online sales)
The change is linked to the change in the aircraft ticket (change accepted by the Company)
What to do in case of …?
Need of assistance: In case of medical emergency, you must contact the local emergency services, then
Contact EUROP ASSISTANCE 24/7 at + 33 1 41 85 86 51
- Only services provided by (or with the agremeent of) EUROP ASSISTANCE will be covered.
Making a claim:
In case of cancellation of your flight, your must first:
then in the 5 days following the incident preventing you from taking your flight make the claim online on the website.
- For all other plans, notify
EUROP ASSISTANCE within 2 consective working days of the accident or incident.
FREEZE THE PRICE
Not sure if you want to book? Need to get your annual leave approved before making a booking? Thanks to "freeze the price" you can hold the price of the airfare you have selected for 72 hours for a minimal fee. Your stress-free holiday starts here !
This service allows you to ensure availability, and most importantly to hold the price of the airfare you have selected for 72 hours. You can then finalize (or not) your reservation once you have decided.
Of course, the option has an expiry date which is specified in the confirmation email you will receive.
HOW TO FREEZE THE PRICE
- Choose your flights on the Aircalin website
- If your itinerary is eligible, you will see the option "Freeze the price" on the flight selection page, on the "a la carte services" page or just before finalizing your payment.
- Click on "Freeze the price"
- Your booking is then placed on hold for 72 hours
- A confirmation email is sent to you
- Just before the option to freeze your price expires, a reminder email will be sent to you. If you are still interested you can finalise your reservation. If not, the reservation will automatically cancel when the 72 hour period expires.
without connexion with other companies
based on xpf, conversion according the currency of the of service usage
|Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Port-Vila, Wallis, Nadi||1 000 XPF||8 €||13 AUD||14 NZD||1083 JPY||20 FJD||1 000 VUV|
Japan, French Polynesia
|2 000 XPF||16 €||26 AUD||28 NZD||2058 JPY||40 FJD||2 000 VUV|
- You can hold the fare up to 4 days before the day of travel,
- The fee is charged per person, per booking inclusive of VAT and is non-refundable.
- Failure to pay within the 72 hours period will result in the booking being cancelled with no option of a refund and/or to rebook.
- The fee does not form part of your flight booking total.
- The service is only available on Aircalin bookings made via Aircalin.com
- This option is available on a route without connections with other companies.
HOW TO PAY MY FLIGHT TICKET
When you are ready to finalize your reservation you can :
- Find your reservation directly on our website.
- Click on the link "your booking" at the top right of our site
- Enter your name and your reservation number
- Then click on "Proceed to payment" to confirm and pay your reservation
- Retrieve your reservation through the confirmation or reminder email you received.
- Click on the link "Pay my flight ticket" from one of the mails you received.
- Then click on "Proceed to payment" to confirm and pay your reservation
TERMS OF SALE
OPTIONIZR, SAS, with its registered office at 9 Allée Claude Monet, 92300 Levallois-Perret, registered with the RCS of Nanterre under the number 810 583 260.
OPTIONIZR can be contacted at the following coordinates:
Telephone: 01.79.75.95.59 ;
Email address: email@example.com.
- APPLICATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
The Customer declares, prior to the purchase of any Option, to have read these General Conditions and to accept them expressly.
The acceptance of the General Conditions is indicated by a checkbox at the time of purchase. Acceptance can only be full and complete. Any acceptance subject to reservation is considered null and void. The Customer who does not agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions must not make an Option purchase on the Website.
« Client » means a buyer of one or more Options on his behalf.
« Expiration Date » means when an Option expires and from which it can no longer be exercised.
« Lifespan » means the period of time between the time an Option is purchased and its Expiration Date.
« Confirmation Email » means the e-mail received by a Customer following the purchase of an Option confirming his purchase and allowing him to exercise the Option or extend the Life of the Option (if this option can be extended).
« Option » means an option (as described in article 4 of these general conditions of sale) created by a third party vendor and generated by the Optionizr System.
« Optionizr » means the company Optionizr SAS as described in article 1 of these general conditions of sale.
« Optionizr Services » designate (i) Option (s) purchasing services from a third party seller's website by clicking on the Widget and exercising Options from the Confirmation Email.
« Website » means the website www.optionizr.com and / or any sub-domain of said site.
« System » means all the computer systems developed by Optionizr made available to third-party vendors, allowing them to create and sell Options.
« User » means a person using certain Optionizr services or visiting the Website without purchasing Option(s).
« Widget » means the visual icon representing the Optionizr brand or the option service, which can be visualized in various ways, presents the websites of third-party sellers and allows, with a click, access to an Option(s) purchase page.
An Option represents the owner's right to purchase a product or service (referred to as the underlying product or service) for a specified period of time at the same price and under the same conditions that were established at the time the Option was purchased. been bought.
By purchasing an Option, a person buys the right to acquire the underlying product or service for a specified period of time. It does not buy, in whole or in part, the underlying product or service. Unless otherwise stipulated by the third party seller, the price for the purchase of the Option comes in addition to the price for the purchase of the underlying product or service.
During the life of an Option, the purchase of the underlying product or service is reserved for it and the underlying product or service cannot, in principle, be sold by the seller of the Option to a third party. part.
- OPTIONIZR SERVICES
Following the purchase of an Option, the Client may choose (i) to exercise his Option in order to purchase the product or service underlying it, (ii) to let the Option expire, which will have as a consequence the disappearance of its right to purchase the underlying product or service at the price and under the conditions fixed at the time the Option was purchased, or (iii) to extend the Life of the Option, if such an extension is authorized by the third party seller.
a. Exercise of the option
Following the purchase of an Option from the website of a third party seller by clicking on the Widget the Customer receives a Confirmation Email. He can exercise his Option by clicking on the button indicating this feature found in the Confirmation Email, which will have the effect of bringing it back to a page of the website of the third-party seller creating the Option or to a page of payment generated by Optionizr so that it can finalize the purchase of the underlying product or service.
An Option may only be exercised by its owner who is the person who purchased the Option or for whom the Option was purchased. The Customer undertakes never to transfer a Confirmation Email to or to authorize the exercise of an Option by any third party and acknowledges and agrees that any exercise of an Option will be deemed to have been performed by the Client.
Following the purchase of an Option, the Customer may decide to allow the Option to expire and therefore not to purchase the underlying product or service. It suffices for it not to exercise the Option during its Life.
As long as the Option allows, the Life of the Option can be extended. The Option Lifetime can be extended by clicking on the button indicating this feature from the Confirmation Email, which will redirect the Customer to a purchase page from which it can extend the Duration. of Life of his Option.
- PRICE OF OPTIONS
All Options prices are inclusive of all taxes (VAT and other applicable taxes).
The prices and descriptions of the underlying products and services are indicated (in terms of content) on the website of the third-party seller creating Options on the date of purchase of the Option. They are indicated all taxes included, in the currency chosen by the seller third party creator of the Option, unless otherwise indicated.
Although purchasing the right to purchase the underlying product or service at the price and under the conditions set at the time of the purchase of the Option, it is the responsibility of the Customer to check with the third party seller Option if other fees may apply to the purchase of the underlying product or service, including but not limited to, delivery charges, customs ...
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the price of the underlying product or service at the time of the purchase of an Option is the price excluding taxes and acknowledges and accepts, therefore, that a third party seller cannot be held responsible the change in the price including tax of an underlying product or service in the event of a change in the tax rate chargeable on the price of the underlying product or service, between the moment the Option was purchased (or its Extended Life) and when it would be exercised.
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that in the event of payment of the underlying product or service in a currency other than that of the Customer, the fluctuation of the exchange rate between the Customer's currency and the third-party vendor's currency between the time the Option occurs. has been purchased (or its Extended Life) and the time it would be exercised could have an impact on the price inclusive of the underlying product or service and that the third party seller cannot be held responsible for the change in price due to such fluctuation.
It is the Customer's responsibility to check with the third party seller that the underlying product or service can be delivered to its destination.
- AVAILABILITY OF OPTIONS
Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Options are created by the Third Party Vendors, who alone decide the Life of each Option and the price, the underlying products or services to which it applies and the timing of its selection. propose an Option. Optionizr cannot guarantee that an Option on an underlying product or service visible from the third party vendor's site will be available at any time or for the duration desired by the Customer or the User. In no event will Optionizr be liable for this.
At the time of purchase the Customer will be notified by email as soon as possible if any Purchased Options prove to be unavailable, and it will not be charged, or will be refunded, for the purchase of such Options.
Validation of the purchase of one or more Options by the Customer entails acceptance of these general conditions of sale.
The User wishing to buy an Option follows the following process in order to make his purchase from the website of a third-party seller. By clicking on the Widget, the Customer is redirected to the Purchase page of the Option where he can select the period for which he wants to buy it before clicking the button leading to the payment page.
8.2. Payment by credit card
After having selected the expiration date (s) for his / her Option (s), the Client checks his / her order. He provides his data to establish a receipt, the number of his credit card and the associated expiry date. He finally validates his / her purchases by clicking on the payment button. Payment is made through the payment provider chosen by Optionizr and whose name is indicated on the Website.
8.3. Default of payment
OPTIONIZR reserves the right to cancel any Options of a Customer with whom a payment dispute exists, particularly in the event of delay and / or default of payment.
- SECURITY OF PAYMENTS
To ensure payment security, OPTIONIZR uses the secure payment service Braintree. This service complies with the Security Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and is PCI Level 1 certified.
- REIMBURSEMENT AND RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
The legal person who uses the services in the context of his professional activity has no right of withdrawal.
The Customer natural person who uses the services outside any professional activity recognizes that it cannot benefit from the right of retraction envisaged with the article L.221-21 of the Code of consumption, since the services proposed by Optionizr to the hereby constitute "leisure activities that must be provided at a specific date or period" and do not entitle the Customer to a right of withdrawal as provided for in Article L.221- 28 of the Consumer Code.
Once the price of the Option has been paid, the Customer acknowledges and accepts that he may not, under any circumstances, exercise any right of withdrawal or obtain a refund.
The reimbursement by the third party seller of an underlying product or service purchased following the exercise of an Option, may in no circumstances entail the reimbursement of the Option which constitutes a separate service.
- OBLIGATIONS OF THE THIRD PARTY SELLER
In the event of exercising an Option during its Life, the third-party seller who creates and sells the Option has the obligation to sell the underlying product or service to the owner of the Option at the price and in the conditions which were fixed at the time of the purchase of the Option.
- ROLE OF OPTIONIZR
Optionizr acts as a broker between the Customer and the third party seller in that it makes available to the third party vendor the technical means and tools allowing him to create and sell Options through the Widget on the products and services they sell. Although Optionizr facilitates transactions through its System, allowing third-party sellers to create Options and sell them to Internet users, Optionizr is neither the buyer nor the seller of Options created by third-party sellers. Optionizr's liability is limited to the provision of its tools and means, as described herein, and to the linking of the Customer with the third party vendor, to the exclusion of all other services and in particular direct sales. Options and / or sale of products and services covered by an Option.
As a result, for the sale of Options created by third party sellers, a contract is formed solely between the Customer and the third party vendor. Optionizr is not a party to such a contract and assumes no liability arising from such contract or arising out of this sales contract and cannot be party to any potential dispute between them. Optionizr is neither the agent nor the agent of the third party sellers. The third party seller is solely responsible for the sales of the Options he creates and the claims or any other problem arising or related to the sale of such Options and the effects they produce, between him and the buyer.
- RESPONSIBILITY OF OPTIONIZR
Optionizr will make its best efforts, in the terms of an obligation of means, to ensure the availability of Optionizr Services. However, Optionizr does not guarantee the Client that:
- Services, subject to constant research to improve performance and progress, will be completely free of defects, errors or defects;
- The services are standard and not proposed for the sole purpose of the Customer according to his own personal constraints, specifically meet the needs and expectations of the Customer;
- The Website will operate uninterruptedly, Optionizr reserves the right to temporarily interrupt access to services for maintenance reasons, or add a new feature or offer a new service. Optionizr will endeavour to limit the frequency and duration of these suspensions or limitations.
- The services will operate uninterruptedly, Optionizr can in no way be held responsible for disturbances or failures of the Internet or telecommunication network, and more generally that would have their origin in circumstances that are external to it or due to force majeure.
Subject to these reservations, Optionizr may be held liable under ordinary law for the direct damages suffered by the Customer as a result of a breach of its contractual obligations as defined herein. When the Client is a professional using the services in the course of his activity, he acknowledges and accepts that Optionizr is not responsible for (i) losses that have not been caused by any fault on his part, or (ii) commercial losses (including but not limited to loss of profit, profits, cont
How to Connect to onboard WIFI
The internet connection will be available from an altitude of 10,000 feet.
Set your device to Flight Mode
Select the "Aircalin WIFI" network and launch the internet browser of your choice
Choose your preferred "Aircalin Connect" package
Enter your payment details and validate your purchase. A transaction confirmation will be forwarded to your email address.
A range of packages to suit your needs :
|Chat' 15 MB- 1 hour||
Surf 50 MB -1 hour
Surf Plus 200 MB
Instant messaging only (Texting on iMessage, WhatsApp, Messenger, Viber, WeChat, Instagram)Are excluded: pictures and videos, voicemail, video call, voice call, GIF and internet access
Full internet access. Sending and receiving emails, social networks and Internet browsing for 1 hour.Excluded: voicemail, video call, voice call, streaming videos
Excluded: voicemail, video call, voice call, streaming videos
* the XPF amount is indicative only and can vary depending on the exchange rate. Purchase of your internet session is billed in USD. Please be informed that both an exchange and commission rate, which are specific to your bank, will apply, based on the rate on the transaction date.
**Rates are time-based but fair-use volumes apply. When the maximum volume is reached, the session will be terminated.
TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR ONBOARD WIFI EXPERIENCE
Important tips :
To get the most out of your connectivity, we recommend the following settings on your smartphone or tablet:
- iOS: disable automatic updates of your installed applications.
- Android : restrict data usage on Aircalin Connect Wifi
- Disable automatic notifications from your installed applications
Please note that your inflight internet access involves complex satellite technology and the experience may differ from what you are used to on the ground.
My internet package terminated before the end of the period stated when I purchased it
Packages are based on a connection time and a volume representing normal in-flight Wi-Fi use. When this volume is attained, the internet session ends.
Internet access during your flight may be suspended or unavailable for the following reasons:
- the plane has not yet reached an altitude of 3000 m (10,000 feet)
- the plane is flying over a country or zone which does not allow in-flight WiFi access
- technical connectivity problems may be encountered
Refreshing the login portal page can tell you whether access is available or not.
If I do not use up my purchased internet package during the flight, can I use any time left on a future flight?
Internet packages, paid or free of charge, are only valid for the designated flight. Unused connection time cannot be used on any other flight.
How do I get an invoice for the purchase of my internet package?
When you validate your purchase, confirmation is sent to the email address you supplied. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please request it by emailing customer service : firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I connect several devices simultaneously?
You can use your paid or free package to connect up to 5 different smartphones, tablets or laptops. However, devices cannot be connected simultaneously, and you can only connect devices if you use your customer account to purchase your package for in-flight WiFi access.
I purchased a package but my connection didn’t work during the flight
If you were unable to get WiFi access during the flight, you can submit a claim by emailing Sitaonair customer service (email@example.com), giving your order reference (included in purchase confirmation email for paid packages).
Why can’t I access my free WiFi session?
Hibiscus Business passengers get a free internet package valid for the entire flight. Premium Economy, Subscriber, Flying Blue Gold and Platinum passengers get a 1 hour internet package. Passengers must key in the e-ticket number (13 digits) shown on their boarding cards. If you can’t find your number or if the number does not work, you can ask the cabin crew for help in accessing the internet.
Can I gift my internet connection to someone else?
Both free of charge and paid packages are only valid for the designated flight for which they were purchased or provided free of charge.
My WiFi connection quality was disappointing
In-flight connectivity is linked to complex technology so your in-flight WiFi experience may not be the same as the WiFi access you are used to on the ground. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our customer service: cs@sitaonair.
My bank did not charge me the same amount as the XPF amount shown on the portal
The amount in XPF is given for information purposes only and can vary depending on the current exchange rate. The transaction is processed in USD.
My bank charged a commission
The purchase amount of your internet package is charged in USD. A currency exchange rate and a commission fee set by your bank, as of the purchase date, will apply.
Bandwidth usage guidelines
Here are some guidelines giving approximate bandwidth usage for the following activities:
- Receiving/sending 1 email (no attachment) 20 KB
- Receiving/sending 1 email (with standard attachment) 300 KB
- Creating/posting 1 post on social media (with 1 photo) 500 KB
- 1 hour browsing the internet 15 MB
- Chat on dedicated messaging apps (1-2 messages) 100 KB
- Refreshing a page on social media - 5 MB
Terms & Conditions
End User Agreement
- Introduction and Scope
Your airline has worked with SITAONAIR to give you access to Internet ONAIR (“Internet ONAIR”), which allows you to access the internet as set out below. It is owned by and operated by or on behalf of SITAONAIR (“SITAONAIR/we/us/our”).
Please read these Terms carefully. Your agreement to them is demonstrated by your acceptance of them via the Internet ONAIR registration pages. Please note that these Terms do not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
If you have any questions regarding Internet ONAIR or these Terms, or in the unlikely event that you have any complaints about Internet ONAIR, you can contact us at the address below. Such enquiries or complaints must be received within one month of the flight on which Internet ONAIR was used.
SITA OnAir Switzerland Sàrl (CHE-112.159.240)
PO Box 42
Telephone: +41 31 528 0423
- About Internet ONAIR
SITAONAIR provides communication services during flights, ranging from mobile telephony to Internet access.
This Internet ONAIR product allows you to access the Internet from your personal laptop, tablet or Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone. Assuming appropriate compatibility, users are able to use a variety of Internet-enabled software applications on their electronic devices to connect to the ground, including most virtual private network (IPSec and SSL VPN) clients, email clients, instant messaging (IM clients), and web browsers.
While you can use Internet ONAIR with any web browser, using the newest version from one of the following supported web browsers should optimise your experience:
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
You can connect via a wireless (onboard Wi-Fi standard 802.11) or wired (RJ45 Ethernet) connection, depending on the configuration of the onboard network and the aircraft hardware.
For a flat fee, you can purchase a pre-paid Internet ONAIR access plan. Fees, together with the terms and validity of the available plans are specified on the Internet ONAIR registration pages. Your agreement to the relevant fees, and to the terms and validity of the plan you have chosen, is demonstrated by your acceptance of them via the registration pages.
An update of your current charges and plan status is displayed on the home page and is available throughout the session.
If you are using a promotional discount, any applicable discount will be deducted from the cost of service at the time of purchase.
- Copyright and Trademark Notices
SITAONAIR is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Internet ONAIR application. This application and all associated services are protected by copyright laws and other intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
SITAONAIR is a registered trademark of SITAONAIR. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Images on this site are incorporated for viewing purposes only and may not be saved or downloaded in any format.
- Conditions of Use
You may use Internet ONAIR for your personal use. As a condition of your use of Internet ONAIR, you agree that you will not use Internet ONAIR for any purpose that is unlawful or that prohibited by these Terms.
In particular you agree not to:
impersonate any person or entity;
abuse or harass any person or violate legal rights of others;
publish, distribute or disseminate inappropriate,defamatory, obscene, or unlawful material or information;
express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by SITAONAIR without our specific prior written consent;
use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of Internet ONAIR or their contents;
post, distribute, disseminate, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights;
remove or amend any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in Internet ONAIR;
take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Internet ONAIR or related infrastructure;
interfere with or disrupt Internet ONAIR or the servers or networks connected to Internet ONAIR;
post, email, upload, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
seek in any way to imitate or replicate material belonging to SITAONAIR or to the airline on which you are travelling or to bring either SITAONAIR’s name or the airline’s name into disrepute;
or violate any applicable laws or regulations.
SITAONAIR may monitor the traffic and content and may disclose any information necessary to satisfy any legal process or governmental request and for the purposes of filtering content as described below.
In order to ensure appropriate onboard use of World Wide Web browsing, SITAONAIR may block web content according to a set of pre-defined categories, including, but not limited to:
- Violence (depiction and promotion)
- Arms and the trade in arms
- Drugs/drug culture
- Nudity, nude pictures and lifestyle
- Adult material
- Sexual acts, pornography
- Sites of a militant/extremist nature
- Sites offering pirated/illegal material for download
- Other sites or content blocked at the request of the airline
- Changes to This Application
SITAONAIR may make improvements or changes to the information, services, and other materials on Internet ONAIR. We may also modify these Terms at any time. As a result, the terms applicable on any subsequent use of Internet ONAIR may vary from those applicable in this instance.
- Links to Other Web Sites
Internet ONAIR may include links to other Internet sites. We do not endorse any such links or websites, and we are not responsible for the information, material, products, or services contained on or accessible through those links or websites. Your access and use of such links or websites remains solely at your own risk.
- Third-Party Products and Services and Non-SITAONAIR Content
You may access third party products and services through Internet ONAIR. Except for Internet ONAIR, we do not control, operate, or endorse any information, products, or services.
You should carefully review the privacy policies and other conditions of use before accessing, using, or transacting business on third party applications.
SITAONAIR does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any content posted through Internet ONAIR by you or third parties. Any content posted through Internet ONAIR by third parties is the view of the parties posting the statements, and does not represent the views of SITAONAIR.
- Internet OnAir Availability
While SITAONAIR endeavours to ensure that Internet ONAIR is normally available (while the aircraft is in cruise phase) during your flight, we do not guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error free during the course of your flight. Use of Internet ONAIR is subject to regulatory approval in the airspace above each over-flight country and, depending on the particular flight path, there may therefore be some temporary suspension. Access to Internet ONAIR may also be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control; however, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure you are made aware of any system interruptions.
You acknowledge that Internet ONAIR uses evolving technology in an airborne environment and may be subject to unauthorized interception, and are not inherently secure. Additionally, a laptop computer, mobile telephone, personal electronic device or other device using wireless connections may be more vulnerable to unauthorized attempts to access data and software stored on the device. We therefore cannot guarantee the privacy of your data and communications while using Internet ONAIR. Any and all data that you transfer using Internet ONAIR is transferred at your own risk. For your protection, your credit card or other payment card information, as well as any personal information that is sent by us from the aircraft to the ground is encrypted using secure socket layer ("SSL") technology which attempts to prevent unauthorized persons from reading that information. SSL technology is the standard for data encryption and server-side authentication for secure Web-based transactions (such as e-commerce).
You therefore agree to use Internet ONAIR at your own risk. SITAONAIR and the airline on which you are travelling provides no guarantee as to security or availability of service.
- Disclaimer of Warranty
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, SITAONAIR disclaims all warranties, representations, terms, and conditions with regard to the information, services, and materials contained on Internet ONAIR, including any implied warranties of suitable quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Subject to applicable law, all such information, services, and materials are provided "as is" and "as available" without any warranty of any kind.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event will SITAONAIR or the airline on which you are travelling be liable for any loss of profit or revenue or for any indirect, special, exemplary, or consequential losses or damages whatsoever arising out of access to, or the use of, this Application or any information contained in it, in all cases whether or not in the contemplation of the parties, and whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The total liability of SITAONAIR arising under these Terms shall be limited to the amount actually paid to SITAONAIR by you for Internet ONAIR for the plan used.
Notwithstanding the above, nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit the liability of SITAONAIR for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense (including reasonable legal fees) arising from your breach of these Terms.
You may not assign or otherwise transfer any rights, duties, or obligations under these Terms to any person or entity, in whole or in part, and any attempt to do so shall be void. SITAONAIR may assign these Terms at any time without notice to you.
If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms, and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect, and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms and the Internet ONAIR registration pages contain the entire agreement between you and SITAONAIR regarding the use of Internet ONAIR.
- Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to provide you the best service while respecting your privacy, SITA OnAir may collect and store information that will help us personalize our inflight services. Section 5 sets out how we may use the information we collect.
SITA OnAir collects two types of data: personally identifiable information and aggregate data.
Personally identifiable information is any information (by itself or collectively with other data) that can be linked to a specific individual such as name, address, and email address. Aggregate data is data which has been made anonymous so that a specific individual cannot be identified.
In accordance with data privacy guidelines applicable to SITA OnAir, as well as security best practices for e-commerce sites, SITA OnAir utilizes Secured Socket Layer (SSL) to protect any and all personally identifiable information submitted via a browser.
SITA OnAir may hold your name, email address, and other registration information in order to provide you with Internet OnAir. If you pay for Internet OnAir by credit card, we will ask you to provide credit card information. A third party specialist payment processor will store your credit card details (excluding your 3 or 4 digit card verification number), either in the United States or in Switzerland, for as long as we need to complete the transaction, comply with any legal, regulatory, or security requirements, or to resolve any disputes.
We may also collect information about your travel such as destination and airline or any other travel related data. If this information is collected, it is used only to provide customer support in the case such support is required.
Where it is available, if you choose to use the account set-up option, we will hold the personal data you provide in order to make future purchases quicker.
- USER NAME AND PASSWORDS
Each time you log on to Internet OnAir you will be asked to provide a user name and password.
If you don’t log on to Internet OnAir for at least six (6) or more months, you hereby agree that SITA OnAir may permanently delete your account and all the data associated with it.
- USE OF DATA COLLECTED AND THIRD PARTIES
SITA OnAir complies with applicable privacy and data protection laws of relevant jurisdictions. We use the information you provide us for the purpose of responding to and fulfilling your requests for Internet OnAir.
We also collect and store your account access information such as your user name and password, only in order to complete transactions you have requested and for billing purposes.
SITA OnAir does not sell, rent, or otherwise share personally identifiable information with third parties except in the following circumstances:
Where it is necessary to complete or provide a transaction or service you have requested;
Where we are required by applicable law or pursuant to a court or similar order;
To assist in an investigation or customer complaint requiring resolution by the airline on which you are travelling;
In aggregated form, to allow that airline to understand better the nature and quality of the provision by SITA OnAir of Internet OnAir and to use such information in the context of its overall passenger relationship management;
If you specifically consent to receiving marketing communications and targeted advertisements;If you specifically consent to receive communications from third parties whom SITA OnAir has carefully selected; and
As deemed necessary to protect the legal rights or the property of the airline or SITA OnAir, to protect other users of Internet OnAir or any third party, to operate Internet OnAir properly, or to prevent personal injury or lossIn the event SITA OnAir is required to transfer personally identifiable information to a third party as part of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture, or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all the assets or stock of SITA OnAir or of any affiliated entities, where such transfer is necessary to enable SITA ONAir to continue to provide Internet OnAir to you, as requested.
In order to be able to offer Free Wi-Fi to you, SITAONAIR works with the airline or carefully selected sponsors. By signing up to Free Wi-Fi, you agree that we may share your information, including personally identifiable information with the airline or those sponsors.
Any personally identifiable information kept by SITA OnAir can be accessed by you in accordance with Section 11 below.
- NO UNNECESSARY USE WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT
SITA OnAir will collect and use, store, process or transfer only that personal data which it requires in order to provide you with Internet OnAir where you have requested Internet OnAir, unless you specifically grant your consent allowing SITA OnAir to use your personal information for other purposes.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Your data will be stored by SITAONAIR in its data storage center in the Netherlands. However, given the international nature of our services, your data may be transferred to and stored in countries with varied levels of data protection. This may occur for various reasons, depending on where SITAONAIR collects your data or to comply with applicable laws. Where this is the case, SITAONAIR will ensure it protects your data to the highest level required under the local data privacy laws and, if higher, EU data privacy laws.
- PROTECTION AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal registration information is protected by your inflight user ID and password, so that others cannot access it. You should keep your user ID and password secret and avoid writing it down or storing it on your computer. When you have finished a session, always remember to close all windows (applications), including the Internet OnAir Status page.
SITA OnAir uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure, as far as possible, the security of the information it collects. Hence, for inflight services, a server is installed onboard the aircraft with security features designed to protect your information. External access to this server is protected by advanced firewall technology designed to block and filter traffic passing through it.
In addition, SITA OnAir uses encryption technology such as Secured Socket Layer protocol to protect your personal and sensitive information to transfer and store on the aircraft server. SITA OnAir uses the highest precautions during transmission of data to the ground. All data is encrypted in the air and on the ground.
- THIRD PARTY SITES
- PUBLIC FORUMS
SITAONAIR uses Essential / Functional Cookies to ensure the correct navigation and functional aspects of the Internet ONAIR Portal. A cookie is a small data file that is sent by a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive when using a web browser. It allows SITAONAIR to identify you when you use Internet ONAIR. Internet ONAIR utilizes both session and persistent cookies.
A session Cookie, also known as an in-memory cookie, transient cookie or non-persistent cookie, exists only in temporary memory while the user navigates the website. Web browsers normally delete session Cookies when the user closes the browser.
A persistent Cookie does not expire when the web browser is closed as session Cookies do. Instead, a persistent Cookie expires at a specific date or after a specific length of time. This means that, for the Cookie's entire lifespan its information will be transmitted to the server every time the user visits the website that it belongs to, or every time the user views a resource belonging to that website from another website. These cookies are reset if the expiration time is reached or the user manually deletes the Cookie.
The “help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to stop your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie and how to disable Cookies altogether. (Please note that disabling Cookies may adversely affect your browsing experience). You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash Cookies, by changing the add-on settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.